Friday, January 4, 2013

04- A habit that you wish you didn't have


                  

                     Life is never without habits. People change and learn to move with the resiliency that innovation and change brings. Some people say that one does not change, but the slightest detail in your lifestyle, the slightest blemish on your face, the slightest shift in your attitude is a sign of change. Mortality in itself changes a person entirely. The only constant thing in this world is change itself.
                My life is full of ups and downs. Throughout the years that passed by, I have formed and outgrown from one habit to the next. Some habits easily pass by, while some stay like a thorn on my side. I’m not saying that most of my habits are bad. I could call them distracting, but it was never bad. One old habit that I could never seem to get off is my fetish for handkerchiefs and hand towels. I was not even conscious of the first time I ever had this addiction. My mother said that during my infant years, I could never sleep well without a hand towel nearby. Sooner, they noticed that I always had a hand towel n my grip, and got used to squishing it. Ever since, I never slept or left the house without a hand towel or handkerchief in my hands. Admittedly, I don’t bring handkerchiefs often anymore (in fear of losing them, or leaving them anywhere), but I still hang on to my hand towels at home.
                This cute and childish habit seems to stay forever in me, but I never really wish for it to leave just yet. I have other habits that I really want to get rid of. One certain habit is my negative consistency. I easily learn things. I’m not really a fast learner, but I easily get used to things. The bad perk that came along with it, is my tendency to get consistent, once I reach a certain point, and just stay stagnant. I won’t get better, or worse about it, but consistent. I don’t want this habit to go on. I want to discover all doors of possibilities and chances.
                Life is never getting easier. It’s either you fly to the top of the mountain, or you fall to a steep decline. It’s your choice. Killing a habit or becoming confident is a choice, not an option. You have to pick the knife to start cracking that shell, and not wait for the light to simply penetrate through the small holes.

2 comments:

  1. wow.. this is an enlightening post. xD dont stop using the hankies gel~ :3

    ReplyDelete

Ze comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com