Friday, December 14, 2012

02- The meaning behind your Blogger name


Gelloid is another name that came up from the random nicknames that my friends inducted me with. I’m amazed at our knack of inventing nicknames that are usually longer than our real names. I think we are weird that way, but I don’t really mind.
                Ezzy is the first to call me in that nickname. At first, it sounded weird, because I associated it with androids, mechanical stuff and tablets. Gradually I got used to putting the suffix oid to almost every name I encounter. Luckily, the brief habit never affected my grades or any particular event in my life. It just reminded me of small things that could make me happy, or of things that made me grateful because I have six awesome friends that accepts my weirdness meter.
                Gelloid became a practical name to me, because it isn’t hard to remember. Also, it’s quite close to my real name. I have a few website accounts using that name, which always reminds me of its convenience. I decided to use that as my blogger name because it reminds me of happiness and carefree moments; of simplicity and the perks of teenage impulsiveness. Basically, the name reminds me of childhood, which is slowly spinning away from my grip.

1 comment:

Ze comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com