Thursday, December 27, 2012

LEADS


Leadership empowering and development seminar or LEADS was held last December 19-21, 2012 at Initao, Misamis Oriental. It was a three-day seminar full of fun-filled activities, productive speeches from prominent speakers, and new friends. The seminar aims to enlighten promising student leaders., through cultivating the unit of the leaders with numerous activities.

          At first , I hesitated on coming along. I am not particularly fond of going to places with people I am not acquainted with. Later though, as the seminar went further, I realized that I would have regretted a lot if I didn't come. It was fun. So much fun. Gadgets were confiscated right after breakfast, and we were only allowed to use them during meals and after the day was over. That rule brought me to a realization- counting time will only limit the fun and learning, whereas not knowing about the passing seconds will make you treasure the moment with the people around you.

There were strict rules imposed on us too, and I just broke one of them. It didn't really matter though. At the end, or team got the most responsible team award. Oh, I shall introduce you to the teams. During the first day, we were asked to pick popsicle sticks scattered all throughout the ICT building. I picked a popsicle stick with the word Goodness written on it. Little did I know that that activity was to designate us to our group. All students who picked Goodness were part of the Pink team. I really don't like the caller pink, and so when we were asked to pick the animals that our team should represent, I was so glad that they chose the panther. Pink Panthers in short.

Although I hated the idea of being part of the Pink team, I didn't hate my groupmates. They were nice, friendly people, who gives their honest opinions in each of our activities. We ate together, planned together and presented together. I would miss them truly.

So much for that, let us not forget the unfortunate events that bore bad news to the CAS officers. Certain matters concerning our money from the bank brought me and Neil (he's our treasurer, at the same time my schoolmate since high school) back to CDO. The organizers allowed us to finish our transaction, and gave us ample time to go to CDO and back again before dusk. It was a tiring trip, since we the two of us were both standing for more than an hour. The buses were cramped, and we were left with no choice. I also had my period during the duration of the seminar, which sucked even more.

This picture shows how haggard we were on the way back to Initao. Although, the expenses were not ours, and there was food on our bellies, the obvious fatigue was catching up to us.



Over-all, the experience was worth remembering. Moments like this should be grabbed and we should not let them pass.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You have so many productive activities, whereas I am just waiting for time to pass by.

    ReplyDelete

Ze comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com